Thursday, January 25, 2007

Introducing: Paris Spotting


As a shameless attempt to increase blog traffic, I have devised an experiment in the form of a weekly feature I like to call, 'Paris Spotting'. Here's the deal:

Every weekend, over a period of 8 weeks, I will follow the life of our favourite hotel heiress. I will closely monitor blog comments, traffic, and links in order to draw conclusions on the following items:

- Will blog traffic increase simply by mentioning Paris Hilton?
- What affect will this have on visitor retention?
- Will I alienate current readers by posting meaningless fluff?
- Will I develop a new found admiration and respect for Paris?

I will also adopt a simple colour coded scale, similar to that of the Department of Homeland Security, to gage the potency of Paris on the interweb.

Upon completion of my little experiment, I will make sure to share the results. It's not going to be easy but anything in the name of discovery.

Make sure to check back this weekend for the premier edition of Paris Spotting!