Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Baby's Momma: Last.fm

If you don't already have a Last.fm account, get one... Now! If you've already been converted, add me. I've been a member for just over 6 months now and it has gotten to the point where it knows me better than I even know myself (I realize this isn't exactly saying much in my case, but you get the point). I've tried countless services that offer a similar experience, but none combine elements of music discovery, social media, and streaming radio so perfectly as Last.fm.

And just when I thought our relationship couldn't get any stronger, we fell in love all over again when this arrived in my inbox:
























This is a perfect example of e-mail done right. It's personalized, contextual, content rich, and most importantly, provides real value. As far as I can recall, this is the first time I've been e-mailed by Last.fm other than from notifications I've requested and the initial sign-up process. Although unsolicited, this e-mail was opened, read, clicked on and most definitely welcome. Not only am I comfortable with them e-mailing me again, I look forward to it. Personally, my use hasn't really waned since I joined in March but this would have been a perfect way to get me back had I strayed away.

Jason + Last.fm = True Love Forever!