Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Staying on Target...



















I wasn't planning to contribute to the shit storm that the marketing blogosphere has created over the Target billboard pictured above, but I couldn't resist a fun contest. If you are unfamiliar with the incident, Gavin provides a nice summary here.

I will agree that Target's reaction to the blogosphere's criticism was really, really dumb and did deserve a discussion. However, to claim that the advertisement was "senselessly subversive", intentionally or not, is completely ridiculous and the amount of time that has been spent on the issue is very embarrassing to me as a member of both the marketing and blogging community. If I were Target, I would have simply sent Amy a text message reading: "G3t a l1f3".

Anyway, here is my submission to Gavin's contest: